Porcelain Veneers in Arlington, VA
An excellent alternative to crowns, porcelain veneers can perfect your smile by masking stains, hiding chips, correcting misalignment, and creating uniformity. Veneers, which are made of thin, customized material, are designed to slide over the teeth, look incredibly natural, are long-lasting, and are relatively easy to apply.
Put your best face forward with beautiful porcelain veneers in Arlington, VA. Dental veneers play a significant role in cosmetic dentistry due to their natural appearance and easy application. They offer a permanent solution to various oral issues and restore a patient’s speech and chewing abilities. But, best of all, they make for a gorgeous smile.
Many patients have questions about what teeth veneers are, how they’re applied, and what to expect from them as time passes. Our friendly staff at Lighthouse Dental loves to explain the process that goes into veneers because we know that the result will provide our clients with improved self-esteem and the willingness to smile again.
What Are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are small, high-quality ceramic pieces designed to fit over patients’ existing teeth. They give the appearance of clean, white, healthy teeth. When properly applied, veneers provide an undetectable solution to various dental issues, leaving patients with their best possible smiles. Some of the problems that veneers can solve are:
- Chipped, cracked, and broken teeth
- Permanently discolored teeth
- Crooked and worn-down teeth
- Gaps between teeth
What Are the Benefits of Veneers?
Patients who receive veneers praise their attractive appearance, offering recipients the confidence to smile brightly. But, porcelain veneers provide a whole range of other benefits, as well.
- Easy Application: Veneers represent one of the easiest, least invasive solutions in restorative dentistry, and, in most cases, the necessity of shaping a patient’s existing teeth remains minimal.
- Stain Resistance: Porcelain withstands stains caused by smoking and drinking coffee better than a patient’s natural enamel, which explains its widespread use by cosmetic dentists.
- Natural Appearance: Your cosmetic dentist will create porcelain veneers that match your existing teeth’ size and shape, providing a bright, natural smile that most patients love to show off.
- Permanence: Most porcelain veneers last for at least ten years, and clients who take excellent care of their teeth report using the same veneers for up to 20 years.
What Is Involved in the Process?
The process of applying porcelain veneers is easy and pain-free, yet time-consuming. It requires multiple trips to the dentist for impressions, tooth-shaping, final application, and a checkup.
During the first visit to the dentist’s office, the dentist will remove thin layers of enamel from a patient’s teeth. Then, the dentist will take impressions and send them to the lab. There, lab technicians will create veneers that fit the patient’s teeth.
When the patient returns to the dentist several days later, the dentist will temporarily place the veneers on the patient’s teeth to ensure a proper fit. If satisfied, the dentist will perform a slight etching on the surface of the patient’s teeth to create a solid bond. Then, the dentist will permanently affix the veneers, making a picture-perfect smile.
Most dentists suggest an additional visit to check on how the veneers have been performing. As long as the teeth and gums look healthy and the patient feels happy, the process ends on the third visit.